Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One of my Favorites... 1955 Chevy Bel Air

Now for one of my favorites, a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air. After doing a little research I found that this car had a lot of admirers and was referred to as, " A Milestone in Automotive Car History."

The first time I ever found that I really liked this car was at a little car show that my family and I just happened to stop at. I was very green in my knowledge of classic cars and cars in general but almost every time I pointed out a car to my dad during my time at that show and asked what it was he said, "That's a Chevrolet Bel Air." This was the start of making this one of my favorites. Granted there are many years that the Bel Air has been around but after looking at the different styles I think that the 1955 model is the one I like the most.


 

The clip of information that I got on this car from LeMay - America's Car Museum web page is that this year was a explosive year for the styling department at Chevrolet. The dramatic design was created by Harley Earle. Which for me was, being very new to cars, the first thing the caught my attention and the thing I still like the most about it.


Compared to its previous models the 1955 version had a better frame and body, brakes, more suspension for the back to give it a smoother ride and it had more than 50 additional features that a person could get including a electric shaver for the car!


I have always seemed to be partial to the styling of Chevrolet cars and trucks, especially during the 1950s and this is one reason why. 

I hope this post has been enlightening and enjoyable.
'Til next time have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment