Saturday, June 5, 2010

1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special Concept Car

So I was doing research for this blog and came across the 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special Concept Car. It reminded me so much of the Bat mobile from the old television show with Adam West with the spare tire in the back encased in metal and the glass gull wing doors.  It was designed by Harley Earl the director of Pontiac styling and was suppose to be based on American's fascination with rocket design at the time - however, I have also heard that he was inspired by people setting world racing records at the track in Salt Flats, Utah.  There was only two made a green and a red one or copper/ bronze as I have seen it called. In my opinion it is very unfortunate that this car never came to be. I would have loved to have one. Maybe someday I can have one of the originals, though at the last auction one was in was sold for $2.8 million - hmmm... Then again there are a lot of other nice classic cars out there even though this one is nice.
Hope you enjoy this.
'Til Next time have a great day everyone,

No comments:

Post a Comment