Friday, August 13, 2010

1929 Chrysler Imperial Roadster


Another rare jewel of a car at the Lemay Museum.


 
Posted by Picasa
A 1929 Chrysler Imperial L - 80 Roadster. It was actually made by a separate division of Chrysler by Locke & Sons.

Posted by Picasa

This was a custom car and according to the person I talked to at LeMay very few were made, less than 300!


The third door on this vehicle for the rumble see was rare for this time. So much that the term "three door" is often included in the title of this car now a days.



Posted by Picasa

While I couldn't find a lot of information on this car, thanks to the Imperial Club and to Joe Reasoner at LeMay - America's Car Museum I did learn a little.   I found some cool advertisements from the day on the Imperial's website, which I have linked to here:  Custom L- 80 Roadster ad"Ultra Fashionable" Ad for Roadster,  also here is a couple of pictures of the roadsters comparing the early and late production of the 1929 models.

While researching this car I have struck on a new vein of curiosity for myself dealing with classic cars, not just in the individual cars but in how they worked also. So hopefully next week I will be going over an anatomy lesson of what classic cars usually have versus more modern day cars. We'll see how it goes and if I can get some answers. Watch out fellow volunteers at LeMay, I'm going to start carrying a memo pad full of questions and I'll be wanting some answers when I come! : )
'Till next time have a excellent day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment