Tuesday, May 4, 2010

1937 Fiat Topolino

A 1937 Fiat Topolino - a small and cute classic auto car. It gets pretty good gas mileage, around 39- 50 mpg ( I know this is a very wide range but it came in about three different models/ styles - the Topolino 500, 500B and the 500C ). I took notice of this car for two reasons. First, because it is cute ( Topolino is Italian for "little mouse") and what really amazed me about it was the fact that the engine is so small (13.5 horsepower) but can go up to around 50- 60 mph! Below is about a two minute video from Jay Leno's Garage on this car. What I found interesting is when Jay Leno opens the hood and shows just how tiny the engine was and how far forward it was on the car providing the driver with tons of leg room.



If you want to see this car in person and you are ever are in Tacoma, WA area come check this car out at LeMay - America's Car Museum in the Green room. This link also provides more information about the fiat topolino.

I hope you have enjoyed this post. Next I will be writing a post about Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
'Til Next time have a great day everyone!


1 comment: