Thursday, February 10, 2011

LeMay Marymount Event Center and Car Club Corner: Metropolitans

Hello to you out there in cyber world. It has been way too long and I deeply apologize for not writing. It has been a couple of hectic months adjusting to my job. However, I am back and that is what matters.

Some new stuff on the volunteering front. I knew that there was going to be a time when LeMay - America's Car Museum was going to have the new beautiful museum built and I always wondered afterwards what would happen to the beloved Marymount Academy, where the collection is currently.

 I fell in love with Marymount the first time I visited it and it was partially the reason why I chose to intern at the Museum. I love the fact that each room had a story and that it had such history to it. ( Marymount was a military boys academy back in the day and it was run by nuns). Anyway, since the projected time for the new Museum's building to be finished in fall of this year, the Museum and Marymount have become separate entities with a mutual friendship to prepare for the big transition. So now there is LeMay - America's Car Museum and then the Marymount Event Center which houses part of the LeMay Family's collection of automobiles.

The Marymount Event Center also has a new webpage and Facebook page which you should definitely check out.

What I think is cool also is that LeMay Marymount has started to give tours of the chapel and military academy rooms ( classrooms, dormitories, etc.) on a bi-monthly basis. I am hoping that I will be free one of the upcoming Saturdays that they hold it, since I have only been able to see the grounds and chapel.

I look forward to writing more about what I learn in the following months.

Here are a few pictures that I took of the Metropolitans that are currently in Car Club Corner at Marymount. Please enjoy.































Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Have an amazing day everyone!


1 comment: