Thursday, October 28, 2010

One interesting car... 1943 VW Schwimmwagen

Hey everyone,
I apologize for not posting anything for a while. It's extremely difficult being away from my source of inspiration, the LeMay Family Car Collection, to write posts about cars and dealing with learning a new job. So I do apologize but I am back and writing a short post for today that I hope to expand on later on.

I was trying to decide what to write about next and so I decided to look up one of my favorite cars just from their design, the volkswagen bug. However, in doing so I came a really cool and interesting car called a VW Schwimmwagen. The one I found that was actually for sale on a website called: oldbug.com (I've included the link even though it already has been sold because it does have some really cool pictures of this amazing little vehicle).

Its a amphibious car and actually looks like a cute rounded off boat with wheels.
Here a couple of youtube videos that I found of it:

The first one gives you a really good look at the car:


And the second it actually shows the car going to the water and driving off:




Cool huh?
Well I'll let you know about the history and logistics of the car as I go along, which hopefully will be soon.
I hope you have enjoyed this short blog post.
'Till next time have an totally amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment