Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Classic car novice: How this blog came to be.

My name is Amber, I volunteer at LeMay - America's Car Museum, something that I started  as a intern in their public relations and marketing department while finishing up my bachelors degree at the University of Washington, Tacoma and because I enjoyed learning about classic cars and liked the Museum so I continued afterwords.


Before I was introduced to the Museum, I had never really been all that into cars other than the look of a car. It never occurred to me that so many have great stories, histories and that some of them really are  marvelous machines.


However, I got excited about classic cars and the histories and stories behind them after I took the tour at the Museum before I became a intern. It fascinated me to hear that these cars weren't just a piece of machinery but that they had great stories behind them, fascinating history that surrounded them, and some interesting mechanical features.


That is what this blog is about, my journey into the wonderful and fascinating world of classic cars.
I hope you enjoy and learn something from it.




One of the beauties at LeMay - America's Car Museum - 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe

No comments:

Post a Comment